Sunday, October 9, 2011

no sleep

Time flies and it is flying very fast, faster than the flies that were flying around in my kitchen about 4 weeks ago (I killed them easily as they dropped like flies). This past week was pretty good, it was probably my most exam-free week (though there was a ton of homework for Monday) with a grand total of zero. I had a superb weekend and here's why.

Monday comes around and I turn in all my homework in time to play in my very first flag football game! We played against RUF (Reformation someting....) and we beat them 12-0. The win was a well deserved one, but I had to suffer a 4 knee blows to my leg (and I got tripped as well, and kicked), on the same spot! I could not bike or walk stairs for the next two days. I am a man though, and did not cry, pout, furrow my eyebrows, or any of that silly business. I held up my head and lifted my chin and puffed out my chest, and walked away from the game a proud winner with my team at hand. I found out today that I am a great defensive lineman and put good pressure on the opposing quarterback (this is casual play).

Tuesday is here. This is the Freshman Follies day! The freshman got extremely dirty, sliding through canned peaches, spaghetti, marshmallow goop, maple syrup, cheeto puffs balls, flour, cereal, and all sorts of yummy things. As for the stufu members, we got at each other hard. I had a flour weapon-like object and started hitting people with it. I got the Baylor traitor who must not be named and tidied him all up. The co-president Lacy had a goal in mind -- to stay clean throughout the entire event. She was all the way on the other side of fountain mall, but the insane rugby player Suk chased her down and held her in place as we coated her with some tasty treats. She was not so happy after that. We cleaned up (it was fast surprisingly) and I ran through the BSB fountains for the first time ever! It was terribly cold and I could have caught a cold but I was not cold enough so I am glad I did not get a cold or else I would have been knocked out cold! I also biked through the fountain and the pressure increased, I thought I was a magician. The entire event was fun and I am glad I did not get too dirty.
I went to salsa performance practice after showering, and I had trouble with the hook turn (I did not attend Latin dance due to football conflicts) so I will hopefully get that down sometime. I doubt I will perform though. We only have 2 non officer males in the performance group though..... I hope they can find more guys!

Wednesdayy!!! I don't think anything happened here.. carry on to Thursday..
It is our second football game! We played BYX (Brothers Under Christ). I am still semi limping if I want to, but I manned it out and played strong. (Wow my tenses do not match up but who cares, I didn't!) I got a safety and a sack, and almost an interception and 2 tips. Wow amazing huh? I was so proud of our win, the defense really showed up Baylor's defense (jk, respect BU football). My partner lineman Patrick got a nice sack as well! We win the game, 9-6. Boy were those brothers pissed. I could see fumes fuming out of their furious furrowing frowns. It was a close game though, anyone's game.

"It's Friday, Friday, erbody git down on Fridayyyy"- Rebecca Black.
I went to see Phil Wickham with Bethany! That was pretty much an experience that I cant even start to describe in words. It was simply amazing. Then Brooks college had some dance that requires attendees to wear something that started with a B. I was a boy and Bethany was a Bethany, so we were admitted in. We only went cause we saw Tessa dressed as a box but we end up getting crunk. Just kidding. I was proud to see Bethany getting out of her comfort bubble as she performed the stanky leg. Unforgettable moment right then. I met some more Brooks people and what a bunch they are! haha. Later that night I go watch Korean dramas with the Taekwondo kids! They thought I went out to party... sigh when will they grow up?? There was a huge one that went down but I am glad I stayed up to watch dramas instead. I slept around 3am that night.

Saturday rolls around! I stuff my face at A1 buffet because I know I will be going to the football game vs Iowa State. We were horrible first quarter, but we really came back around second half, and 4th quarter. Iowa State has very rude players, most notably number 7 George, and number 97 who got injured later. We all got scared when Kendall Wright got injured, but we were all amazed that he came back in a few minutes later! He is such a beast. Later that night, we (other tkd people) watch korean drama's again and I had soooooooo much sugar and would NOT stop running my mouth. For that entire hour, I was silent for no less than 2 minutes at a time. It was Jordan's fault for giving me all those sugary snacks. We had to go down to the lobby at 2am since they kick out the guys (girls dorm) so we just talked for a little bit... until it started to pour hard. We were forced to camp in the lobby and we talked the night/morning away. None of us slept and I have not slept since last last night at 3am (I think we were awake because our talk was about something very serious). That was officially my first all nighter ever. I felt okay though... my body adapted to it. I just hope my health will stay okay. I think it will because I kept eating pop tarts and sugar puffs. I found a ride home (we left when it sprinkled but then it started pouring all of a sudden, so thankfully we left at the right time) and ate breakfast. I went to church with some of the coolest and nicest Brooks girls ever, and I had a good time there (albeit I was tired, I did not fall asleep and I did catch most of what the sermon was about). My alarm rang (I use my phones bible because I can't read that small print bible in the dark well) in the middle of the sermon and I was pretty alarmed at the chaos I caused. It was all good though I do not think anyone focused on it.

I quickly did homework and finished some of it. Then after finishing one subject, I took a nice 2 hour nap, and woke up after it! I thought I would sleep through my alarm but I did not. I got ready to go to the stufu dinner, which was a formal, banquet like style. That was awesome, we learned a lot about etiquette. I broke a ton of rules, but it is okay since it was my first time. Here are some rules that you might wanna know:
-enter the chair from the left, exit from the left.
-do not take off suit jacket, keep it on
-offer food to the person on the left, and then pass it to the right.
-do not talk about weird things.
-when completed with food, put utensils in the middle of the plate
-if someone is shy, make them participate in conversation by engaging in a question
-if you do not want coffee, simply turn your coffee cup over.
-it is okay to not eat food if you do not like it.
-do not share or swap food, eat what you are served. do not take left overs home....

rules i broke:
-cut your tomatoes and cucumbers and green beans. I ate them whole..
-I exited my chair from the right side (because no one was in the seat to my right... she was sick!)
-our table talked about where men stand in the bathroom urinals.............
-I almost asked Missy if she wanted to share desserts

All in all though, it was fun and we had lots of laughs as always. Stufu is growing on me and it is becoming more like a family. We learned a lot about it's history (presented by Mr. Harlan, an original founder of stufu, 42 years ago). It started in 1969, with 13 committee members and 50 students. Statistically speaking, most applicants come from junior girls, least amount of applicants come from senior boys. About 300 people applied this year. Here is a "secret" rule, only about 5 applicants from a sorority/fraternity are admitted. They had issues in the past where a certain sorority (cough tri delt perhaps cough) had almost all the spots for females... This year there are 5. Ironically, there are only 5 Asians as well... I wonder what their ruling on that is! (Kidding, I think Asians are too busy studying and not bold enough to reach out and help other students etc.). In the end we all got some spiffy pins as party favors and walked away full and happy. The food was great and service was on the spot. Fine dining indeed.

All in all it was a great week, and an incredibly awesome filled weekend. Couldn't ask for anything more!

I am looking forward to another great week (even though I have physics...), and fall break! I can't wait to go home, I haven't been back since school started. I shall bring up winter clothing and such!

Okay that's it! I need sleep, pronto! I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for reading if you actually read this far haha. You are awesome if you do, and pat yourself on your back. That's from me. Until next time!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment