Sunday, October 2, 2011

random facts

Hola mis amigos!

This weekend was Fall Premiere, which is where little high schoolers come and check out Baylor. I had to give out some tours and I learned some interesting facts myself, about Baylor. Here are some random ones that Baylor people probably learned if they did a tour already (I never have)

-Baylor is the largest Baptist school in the word (aww yeah)
- We are the oldest university in Texas. We originated in Independence, Tx in 1845, but moved in 1886? to Waco because it was thought to be a booming city with the Brazos River and rail road tracks (hmm..)
- Baylor graduates founded Texas Tech, Texas AM, and UT (well we were the first after all)
- Which is also why we care so much about keeping the Big 12 together. We have pride in our hard work, creating a greater environment.
- Our football team is at it's all time high (highest AR ranking was 15... more on that later)
-We have the largest homecoming parade in the nation
-We have the second largest amateur musical (called Sing Alliance) in the nation
- We rank in something higher than Harvard and something else.. sry that was a vague one lol. I think it was teaching quality? hmm something shocking...
- Aggies stole our cubs, but later called Baylor because it ripped up their back seats. Silly Aggies. Stick with your woodshed. Oh that's right, you be moving to the SEC!
- We have over 200 churches and 40 denominations in Waco
- We have over 400 clubs and stuff to be involved in
- We used to have a fountain in fountain mall, but Noze brothers ruined it with soap. We have a new fountain built last year, and again the Noze brothers filled it with soap, but it still stands.
-We opened up a new garden last Friday during Parent's weekend. I have yet to know what that is...
- Speakers in chapel included CEO of chick-fil-a, an Italian ganster that was filthy rich and horrible moral, who later turned to God and lived to spread the gospel (I heard it, it was an incredible story), creater of veggie tales, and much more!
- we have rank #3 (we were #2 last week...) entrepreneurship, #7 accounting, and #15 finance programs in the nation.
-Med school is 88% i think.
- and more facts that you would have to be there to understand!

Whew anywho, that was totally random. What is not random is the fact that we lost to Kansas state football by one point... it was 36-35. It is okay, aggies lost as well. We had that game sealed but we could not contain them and made silly mistakes. It was a very great game though, and I wish I could have been there. There is just too much Baylor pride flowing through my veins now. I will turn into a bear any second. Wait for it... ok well the moon is not full tonight. Wait a second....

This week was nothing too special otherwise. I like how Stufu is really picking up though. I have been doing stufu things for the past... 4 days, going on 6. That is in a row! Very fun indeed and not that time consuming if you think about it since it is all spread out.. plus a lot of it is optional. And I met a ton of cool new people. We had a dinner on Thursday at Shorty's Pizza, a social (they called it a retreat) that lasted 3 hours on Friday at the Marina, premiere tours Saturday, and football practice and general meeting Sunday. Tomorrow is our first intramural football game, which is at 10pm (I can't shake my booty at Latin Dance tomorrow, I am so sad, but I have been dancing in my apartment all afternoon today so it's partially good). I also have to do an office hour with them tomorrow as well, and will probably make some more phone calls. One guy already got 4 appointments, which is very very impressive. Me and my partner only have 2 combined! Tuesday is Freshman Follies, which is pretty much a ... drum roll please... Well I am not allowed to say it, but let's just say its "fun with food". I am excited but semi disgusted with it! But I know it will be fun and I will get my revenge on this certain fella. I wanted to go to the Brothers Under Christ concert on Friday but... I only stopped by for a little bit. Rush of fools and Jimmy Needham performed! I always always want to go but I never get the chance too. Booo. Oh well, I will not miss any more concerts though (I hope).

Well the week ahead doesn't look too bad, after tomorrow and Tuesday, things will be slowing a bit down (until next Monday which is my Physics exam ugh). I hope our football team gets some good play, we practiced today and we seem like an athletic team. We have about 15 or so people and should be able to substitute at will so we can stay fresh all game. This will be my first time playing some form of football, ever. I played for fun (aka catch) but not organized even at the intramural level, so I am excited for this. I just hope my fingers don't get jammed!

Aw man it seems like I can't eat too many nut products.. I had bloody noses all week, at least once a day, and had like 3 today, one just now. I had too much nutella and almond butter, sunflower seeds, and almonds. I felt full eating those, and they taste very good. Time to limit myself again.. and get into shape!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment