Wednesday, May 11, 2011

finals are finally over!

You read that right! Can you believe that? Quite frankly I can. Do you know what that means? Partyy! Haha well... I wish I say not really but I wont say it this time. Actually, a lot had happened ever since I talked about how this reminded me of xanga. Countless parties, weird eating patterns, lack of sleep... those all fit the bill. And it is only an hour into Wednesday morning! But I plan to sleep early and wake early tomorrow to vacuum Emilio's apartment and help Bryan move his belongings to a storage. Maybe by doing that, he will spare me a square foot or two. Hopefully this week will be relaxing because so far it has been a busy and interesting and eventful one.

On Saturday I went to Flora's place to help her clean her car. That was fun and we got wet, but it was hot too. We cooked some noodles and veggies with fish (well she cooked most of it I just stirred) and that was very delicious and healthy. She was preparing for a huge party so I caught a glimpse of all the epicness involved. It was a Mad Scientist theme and looked very promising. Then Shingo wakes up from his hibernation and we go get some Bahama bunk (or something, forgot the name, it was shaved ice) and Shingo threw away her treat!! Flora was so sad. We went to the mall and I helped Flora shop by holding her clothes (and she denies this, but I helped pick one of her articles of clothing that she purchased), while Shingo was getting a very cool haircut that makes him look very manly. Then we eat at On the Border. Our waiter was horribly terrible. See what I did there? He got a $.40 tip from me, and I did that to round off my tab. He dropped Flora's credit card into her dirty plate.. and talked to another table for 5 minutes while he was paying us out. A HUGE no-no. He cracked up corny jokes in hopes of higher tips and beneficial rapport. He called us out for requesting too many bags of chips. We waited over 20 minutes for our food to come out.. It was just awful. I could wait tables better than that, with one hand texting, my mouth running talking to a table with concerns, a tray in my other hand, delivering it to another table,with a checkbook in my apron ready to check a table out, and my buddys card in my shirt pocket to place an order for him. Now THAT is how you wait tables (minus texting obviously). That night I had a party at my place for people who were done with finals (actually only like 2 of the 12 were finished...) and that was fun (for the most part). I got home from dinner as they got to my place so I had to clean it very very fast... but it was ready in no time! So that's all that you need to know about Saturday night!

On Sunday, I studied most morning and afternoon and then I went out for dinner. I went to Shorty's pizza with Flora and Bryan and Christine Aleman and ate 7 pizzas because the others were full fast. Then we watched a movie, it was a boxing movie. I forgot the title because I was also studying while watching it. I asked so many bad questions so they got mad at me. I tried to study for real afterwards but was distracted by "loud people".. so I decided to migrate to my place but it was the same. I was studying with Karynah and she fell asleep around 3 am.. and I tried to wake her up and thought she was going to wake up later at 4 am, so I just went upstairs to bed. We both wake up at 8:30 am and study some more. She was frantically typing away as she was trying to get her papers printed, and was not happy how I did not slap her to wake her up. She ate like 15 of my precious papers but it is all good, the sacrifice is well worth it. I took my final finals and felt pretty good about them. I will check grades later I suppose, cause I rather enjoy life away from academics for right now.. since I will probably take some summer classes in Houston.

Later that day (it's now Monday), I cooked some mac and cheese and chicken and clam chowder soup with Flora and Bryan. I haven't created dinner in a long time (notice how I did not say cook because it actually wasn't real cooking, just boxes and canned goods) so that felt good. I bought enough snacks to last me till Saturday because I ran out of everything from chips to water, therefore, I will be barely scraping by. That night I got to see Fast Five on Monday night with Bryan, Flora, and her friends! The movie was so action packed that we were inspired to make noises in the car to mimic the film, and boy was that funny. Flora actually drove like Vin Diesel as well! She turned a sharp corner into HEB.  It is a great movie and I recommend it to people who enjoy being on the edge of their seats (in the movie theatre and in a car). Flora threw a party and that was fun (for the most part) and I got to meet some cool and nice people, but then I had a small party at my place afterwards. It was fun and that ran from 3-6am. That is all I shall say about that night.

I wake up today and go to the International House of Pancakes with Bryan, Karynah, Griscel (who had to go back to Houston) and Emilio. I had the big steak omelette and hash browns but could not finish the pancakes, so that is my breakfast for this morning. Then, because I only slept for 3 hours, I took what felt like a 3 hour nap. I woke up at 6pm and decide to work out, so I did that from 7pm-8pm. I had dinner at Bryan's place and brought veggies and he cooked pork that tasted like chicken (yes it was still good). We watched the Bulls and Hawks duke it out, but then Bryan passed out and phased in and out of sleep. That game was crazy good and very close, till the Bulls started to dominate that is. I tried to make a phone call and walked outside, then he freaking locked me out! So then I just left and went back to my place to shower and then cleaned the living room so I can load my stuff there tomorrow. I need to pack. I hear about a party but it was for seniors only.. so I guess there are benefits for being old! I need a break from that anyways so it is all good.

So that's what has been going on. I plan to run tomorrow and help people move and pack and clean my place too. I am also alone in the apartment so it feels very nice having a quiet environment. My neighbors have seemed to left as well. Peaceee! (literally)

No comments:

Post a Comment