Tuesday, August 2, 2011

how to prepare for going back to school, i mean...

1. Sleep all day a week before school starts in order to make up for any sleep you will miss due to partying too much during your first week of classes. There is nothing else to do ..
2. Buy a macbook air to take notes in your classes, an ipad 2 to play with during your break time, an iphone 5 to show that off to your friends, and a windows pc for your room for hacking other people.
3. Gather some textbooks that you might not even crack open. Sell them later for profit.
4. Make last minute changes to your schedule because you thought about a career change during summer.
5. Go shopping for groceries that might end up in your pantry till you move out.
6. Get to know your roommate now before you really get to know him/her.
7. Email each of your professors and ask them for any homework you can get started on. Ask for the syllabus and print it out and give it to your parents. You know they want it.
8. Start eating breakfast, and eat a lot because you will not have time to eat once you start your first class. Your next meal will be at 2am.
9. Buy some additional clothing so you wont have to do laundry as often. Maybe once a month will suffice.
10. Set your alarm clock to ring at 7am, 7:05am, 7:07am, 7:08am, 7:11am, 7:14am, 7:14.30am, 7:15am, 7:30am, 7:44am, 7:46am and 7:57am, because you really need to wake up for that 8am class. If you over sleep, set 2 more clocks with non conflicting times, if you can find any.

So there you have it. Hopefully this will help all of us get started with a BANG!

Now read the following with your own care. As you already know by now, I don't try to offend anyone. I just use my life experiences to give examples of what I talk about. These are my thoughts. You have your own thoughts. It is up to you to share them if you deem necessary. I am not wrong, but you are not wrong either. Remember, this is my diary, my point of view, my world 3.0 (not a bieber reference at all guys). pretty much, you just have guest privileges, you VIP freak :) Carry on.


This past week has been pretty eventful, from car washing to shopping to eating out to biking to working out in the park at night to cleaning the entire house and the garage to "social gatherings"... list can go on for over 5 .... pages! :) All that tossed aside now, what I really came here to talk about tonight is .. being mean, as the title also states, yet abruptly stops at (what literary device is that called? did I just invent one?). Taylor Swift is big enough so no boys can hit her now... as for Rihanna, she's just politely asking for more rude boys to come her way to kick her in the rear; She just doesn't get it does she? Well I am a pretty nice guy, which probably explains why I finish last (see kevjumba or nigahiga's nice guy music video, its neat), and I am pretty tired of it. Well, I am tired of it because of other influences such as my dad. I get bitten in the rear a lot for being too nice.. and lately I think I have been mean. Here is a brief dialogue that has been translated from Chinese (Taochew dialect) to American English:

Dad (2:00am): Kevin, why you home so late?
Kevin (2:00am): I went to karaoke with my friends. Didn't mom tell you? I did not go to the beach.
Dad: It too dangerous, Kevin. Why you come home too late? I can't sleep, boy. Don't do this again or else you go somewhere else to live.
me: I drove my friends and we paid for 2 hours already.
dad: Why you let them use you too much, boy? Stop playing with them. They want to play all the time, they drive. You find girlfriend to play with and spend time with her. That is fine if you do that and come home late.
me: We are just friends, dad... I don't want a girlfriend. They are not using me we all wanted to do it.
dad: Boy, look at your face. It is ugly. It is because you come home late...

I shall stop there. Let's just say it's not the first time I came home late... or that he threatened to kick me out.. or that he calls one of my physical physiques faulty (fat, ugly, whatever I'm used to it all). My dad is a sentinel. He once locked me out because I missed his phone call at 3am. Well I can't help it, most of the times hanging out at night is what fits everybody's schedule. I don't have an ugly face because I lack sleep; I get enough of it. It is probably due to all the peanuts I eat and all of the sweat that I earn when I work out. Let's have another look at a conversation that I don't really remember how it got started:

me: Hey man lets go into the Jacuzzi! Like right now.
boy: It's too hot, we will go when it's cooler.
me: jumps in between boy and the girl that is clinging on to him. Heyy.
girl: she says something along the lines of "GET OFF ME" "If you had your own girl you wouldn't be doing this" << now that is just a paraphrase. It was probably much worse than that and thankfully I can not recall the exact words.
me: pulls boy into room and has a bro talk while girl summons girl's friends and they all sing random songs.

Ok that can end there as well. What happened? I am not sure to what got the girl all giddy, cause that's how I always act around her. But when latched onto the boy like a parasite, I am merely a competitor. Now how is that fair if she was leeching on me at first, to suck up some nutrients from the boy? Well let's just all say that what the girl's last words she had spoken to me are kinda rude, maybe quite mean as well. Who says that? Who knows, because there was not much to say after that incident; not even the next morning, as Girl was trying to leech again but to no avail, I have let go of the bond as it was one sided at last. Now girl must find another mutual companion, and hopefully Girl does not harm him. I make sure that no harm is done.

Some textual dialogue between me and Girl2 about two days later..

me: misses about 3 of girl2 phone calls because I was with a large group of people and at a karaoke bar. could not hear what girl2 was saying after picking up the phone and talking to her the 2nd time.
girl2: from what i heard i think she wanted to do something like club with 2 of her friends, or meet up where i was.
me: i was probably mean, on accident. apparently she had her final call with me. it is sad cause i am pretty much free all week from now. now i will be more bored!

So pretty much all I said on the phone was what I can't hear you and I told her to text me but she would not. So in all honesty, I lost contact with someone because I could not hear them and because they were ticked that I did not pick up my phone b/c I was not aware that it was ringing. I was mean on accident while she was just ... I guess making up her mind? Not really mean on her behalf as I understand what I did was pretty mean too. It's just that I would gladly speak to her when permissible. If girl2 was at a concert and I called her, I would understand if she could not hear anything and I would text her. So I was mean but girl2 was not cooperating so therefore she took it as me being VERY mean and RUDE, which was not my intention.

But guys, guys, am I really that mean? Let's find out with this conversation:

after a long talk with someone...
girl3: who has been staring at us 2 talking hey if you have something to say to me, tell it to me right now in front of my face (yet again another paraphrase, it probably came out sounding like that, demanding.)
me: with a puzzled mindset umm no we have nothing to talk about.
girl3: ok then. leaves the scene without saying goodbye to many people.


But after small talk the next day, we both find out we misinterpreted things, and we pretty much forgave each other, and moved on with a happy happy day. (Until later that night that is, refer to talk with dad).

So girl3 was being mean, but only because of all of the things that were going through her head when she saw me and the guy talking. She created her own anger it seems. Perhaps she heard an echo of her name, which she is correct, but nothing worthy of relaying to her. It is unnecessary and harmless, to speak the truth. It is like me hearing my name when two of my friends speak, only to be dissapointed that the reason they said my name was because they said that I took Spanish class last year... ya know, knowing that would have no impact on my thought of the two friends that said my name. Now if they said that I was a mean, greedy, immature, short little bastard, I think some fireworks would be going down.


So my dad was being mean to me for being to nice to my friends and for coming home too late all the time. He is trying to protect me. Looks like I was just breaking his sleep cycle too.
I was mean to girl1 because I could not stand how mean she was, and she tasted her own medicine which perhaps she is still recovering from. 
Girl3 was being mean to me because she thought we were saying mean things about her, but that was later resolved.
Girl2 thought I was being mean, so she is mean back to me. That is okay though as you can see from these summaries, karma has bitten me back and I understand.


What do I learn from all of this? Being mean actually matters. It gets your point across. It shakes people up. It keeps you unpredictable. It makes you grow white hairs and stress out and raises your blood pressure. It causes confusion and breaks bonds (even the quite stable covalent ones). It scares people and dogs away.
The fact is, if you can help it, don't be mean even if you can't help it cause it gives you a bad reputation. Do you know what I think of Osama Bin Laden? Yes well I think he was mean. Even more so, evil. Don't tag such a quality to yourself. Am I mean? In totality, of course not. To some selected few, I may seem like it. Do I try to be? Rarely, most of the times, no. Am I a nice meanie? Yeah I admit I am.. which means even if I wanna be mean, I'm not as mean as someone with a mean nature, ya know what I mean? I just made that term up but that pretty much describes me. There are just some people I can't be mean to, but other people, I can be. If you had a pie chart that numerically displays my meanness, it would have to be like pacman's mouth when it first about to bite the little dot, or 2% of the time. For every 100 things I do, I do 2 things that others might think is mean. Obviously I can have a mean streak, with up to 5 mean things in a row, but this is an average. How do I know for a fact? Well I know who gets along with me.


To throw off any readers who endured my cluttered thoughts, I am happy to say that I tapped into my geek side and hacked my phone. It is now faster, prettier, and smoother than butter than before. What a whacky sentence. Now I can spend some free time playing with it and modifying it even more! It keeps me with something to do (Another whack sentence signifying my sleep depravity).

I'll leave it off with that. Don't try to be mean, but if you mean to be mean, something bad will happen to someone else, and to you too in the road less followed. Or is it traveled? Hmm.. forget it, just pave your own road and be yourself. Other people will deal with who you are, It is called the Golden Rule. It is not one of the 10 commandments, but I suggest you follow it, or at least try to, just like you try to follow those commandments! :)

Edit: Funny how things change so quickly. Refer to my post about what friends are for... I stated that I had no time to test my own personality, the extent of my nice-ness.. time flies.

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment