Thursday, June 16, 2011

scams, sadness, and secret wish list

Today the magnificent HTC Sensation came out. But then my current family plan will not allow for a $10 data plan... so the cheapest data offering is $30. How lame, I am surrounded by wifi waves everywhere in my house and on campus... so I won't really need more than 200 MB transferred per month! So it looks like I shall resort back to the dumbphone + ipod touch approach, just waiting for 5th gen to come out this September. I am too cheap to go for the: a) over $600 smart phone (including the data plan [$10], not the talk/text) b) single $300+ for an unlocked smartphone routes, because in the long run, I don't see any value in that. Plus I don't like how everything is crammed on one device. I rather my music be on a dedicated music player, a gps on my windshield on a mount, games on a real game system, youtube on a computer/tablet etc. So it is really a gadget trying to replace the real deal. Convenient yes, but semi practical. The new dual core super phones can actually turn into netbooks and desktops... but they won't replace them anytime soon... I don't think. These things are powerful, no doubt, but it seems like it's just trying too hard.

So I almost got scammed by this insert bad word here. I go on Craigslist to see how much the Sensation is, and this apparent girl named Stephanie is selling a lot of new smartphones for a bit cheaper than what others were selling for. She says send text to this California number. It looked like a scam but I did it anyway, and she demanded money using some method that Craigslist said that it was a high risk of scam. I told her I was no longer interested and she threatened terminate my t-mobile account (she claimed to be a "customer care" person and I looked it up online and there is no such position). Such bull. I was pretty pissed when she said that and I am pretty sure I will still have my account. Lesson learned, trust only locals, and only when we meet up and pay in cash and exchange goods like it's a drug deal. She lied so much, she says she had to feed her 2 daughters and she is a single mom and she is 27 and she would not pick up my phone call because she was at work... the story did not fit, especially her Cali number. She posted a listing, claims to live in Florida, but has a number from California. Yeah right lady/man. I will only believe it if my t-mobile account gets terminated, but then I will just open up a new plan and actually might get a smart phone since data will be cheap. Ha so win win for me.


I got to see X-men first class. Boy was that a first class movie! I wish I could right movie reviews (see what I did there? That was an accident) but I can hardly remember characters names, and I don't even know actors. But lets just say that, not having watched the other movies or the cartoon or having read the comic books (like my awkward sentence structures? Let's do some Scarlet Letter shall we?), it was an action packed movie filled with suspense, predictable yet amazing, beautiful and dashing; only the manliest of men would not have shed a tear at the end, the evil deeds and vengeful souls, who have formed the dark alliance from the fallen: the Russians and Englishmen coward and submit to the power of the mutants. Whew now that made perfect sense! I also got to see my old friends from the volunteer place at the hospital and also got to see my Rice buddies! Yippie. It was a fun few days ago.


Oh and yeah I still have not worked out... I am gonna "work" on that! Ahh.... I really need some motivation here. Maybe looking at myself in the mirror will help... wait that is called conceited, so maybe I will look at pictures on the internet of Taylor Lautner... oh wait that might give off a bad impression of my manliness. I am in a tough situation. It's rough.

Class was cancelled today due to broken A/C and high heat and humidity. Thanks HCC! I enjoyed my day off and ran many errands.


Here is the secret wish list that I was talking about earlier. Jenny made a list of what she looks for in a guy and offered me to do the same, except for girls. This is it, brace yourselves, this is about to get serious. Very serious. Muy serio. Muy Muy mucho mucho serio. claro? si si, claro. I am making a list based on what I have experienced (or lacked experience of) or just crave in a woman. I am making this list as I go... hehe.

"I want someone who"
1. Listens to me when I have something important (or not important) to say. Doesn't have to be intense listening word for word but just the general idea and some acknowledgement is nice. I don't like talking to blank slates! Also like to give advice to others and when I need help I like to talk to people who are understanding.
2. Has other interests than me, with overlapping commonalities. I like it if I had a particular interest that I could share with her that won't bore her, and vice versa. I like to have expertise in something that she does not, and vice versa. Basically I believe that opposites attract, but that common things also exist between the two. (ie different interests but same personalities or same interests different personalities. or different everything)
3. I like someone who believes in a healthy lifestyle. That includes everything from sleeping, exercise, diet, mental health, hygiene, physical health, etc etc. I like it when woman are active and always busy.
4. They should not always be indifferent. I used to be an indifferent guy but I try to be less so, because it is boring. Me: "Hey girl where ya wanna eat tonight?" Girl: Gee I dunno, anything is fine with me" I am guilty of this too but it's not like I have a girlfriend so I think it's okay if you do it with friends. I like women who take charge sometimes. Not all the time, that is called a control freak and I would run away.
5. Accepts themselves for who they are. Why? Well date me and you will find out! ;)
6. I was just kidding about that rhetorical question. You gotta love yourself before you love others. Well that's not including any deities out there.
7. Humor. They need to laugh and know how to have fun and know how to be loose sometimes, and serious another. People I know may think I am funny and just a joke, friends may think I am funny and cool to be around, but true friends know that I am a caring heart with flaws. Which one are you?
8. Is not too outgoing, and not too introverted. The perfect balance is nice. That is impossible to find but you never know when you get close. I know I am not even at all. Especially when it comes to that time of the month... I am talking about when I change my contact lenses gosh!
9. Is not too smart. Yeah, I kinda want to comprehend what she is saying and understand her wants/needs. I don't wanna feel put down all the time or feel inferior. Everything should be on equal terms, or with slight imbalance. I don't want a clueless girl either though! Me: "Hey girl whatcha cookin tonight?" Girl: "Umm... I dunno" (Please note that I don't really talk like that to a girlfriend haha)
10. They should be organized and punctual, but not haughty and flaunty. I like it when girls whip out their calendar and say, I am busy this day at this time, but I am free this time, what about you?

So guys (and more importantly, gals) that is a list of things that just popped up in my head that I think I would like in a relationship with a girl. Stay tuned for my want list for guy friends!! ;)
I may work on that tonight... I took a huge nap. I have still yet read the 13 page essay but I will do it before class, eventually!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment